Monday, February 20, 2006

Doctor My Eyes -These Days by Jackson Browne

Jackson Browne was a strong influence in my life during the late 60's and early-mid 70's. When "For Everyman" was released, I felt the spiritual lyrics brought me back to a place where I sorely needed to be.

Doctor My Eyes

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand

I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long

'Cause I have wandered through this world
And as each moment has unfurled
I've been waiting to awaken from these dreams
People go just where there will
I never noticed them until I got this feeling
That it's later than it seems

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what you see
I hear their cries
Just say if it's too late for me

Doctor, my eyes
Cannot see the sky
Is this the prize for having learned how not to cry





THESE DAYS

Well I've been out walking
I don't do that much talking these days
These days--
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
For you
And all the times I had the chance to

And I had a lover
It's so hard to risk another these days
These days--
Now if I seem to be afraid
To live the life I have made in song
Well it's just that I've been losing so long

I'll keep on moving
Things are bound to be improving these days
These days--
These days I sit on corner stones
And count the time in quarter tones to ten, my friend
Don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them

(c) 1967 WARNER-TAMERLANE PUBLISHING CORP & OPEN WINDOW MUSIC
http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=Jackson+Browne&x=10&y=9

No comments: