Friday, March 17, 2006

Neil Young - Prairie Wind



Neil Young has a new album out (yes, I still call them albums!) It is titled "Prairie Wind" You can listen to the whole thing at http://www.neilyoung.com/prairiewind.html
I think that is nice. They don't just let you hear a snippet. You hear each song in it's entirety.

I am listening now to a song called "The Painter" and I like it. This sounds like classic Young. O I like "No Wonder" even more than the first one. I will be buying this one fer sure. I have not bought an album since I don't know when. I just download songs now and burn the cd's. Below are the lyrics to a favorite old Young. I hope you enjoy. I used the "Harvest" album for the picture, because it was such an outstanding accomplishment. My favorite Neil Young album so far.

"Don't Let It Bring You Down"

Old man lying
by the side of the road
With the lorries rolling by,
Blue moon sinking
from the weight of the load
And the building scrape the sky,
Cold wind ripping
down the alley at dawn
And the morning paper flies,
Dead man lying
by the side of the road
With the daylight in his eyes.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Blind man running
through the light
of the night
With an answer in his hand,
Come on down
to the river of sight
And you can really understand,
Red lights flashing
through the window
in the rain,
Can you hear the sirens moan?
White cane lying
in a gutter in the lane,
If you're walking home alone.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Just find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Just find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

3 comments:

Qfwfq said...

I followed your suggestion and set up some rss feeds, thanks. Hope it works. I miss your poetry, Mica. But hey, I like your new blog. Waiting for more...

Kay Cooke said...

That album cover (... actually, I still call them LPs!!) is so familiar! We've got it in our collection. My son's fiance likes to play it when she's round here.
My husband and I have kept most of our LPs from the 70s ... we play them occasionally on his Murphy HiFi (High Fidelity Stereo) which we have also kept - the scratches on the records add to the authenticity of the sound.

Dona Bogart said...

I still have many of mine too, but had some flooding, so lost a lot. I think the scratches are nice too, they become part of the sound.