Sunday, March 26, 2006

takers

For Dex. I am reposting "Takers" for one of my blog mates. There are some bad folks in the world and everytime they hurt or use someone they add another brick of bitterness to our collective wall. I wrote this about those sociopaths.


Takers

In the dank, dark, lousy cells of your mind
Do you find from time-to-time a respite

Do you burn all the day
Do you hate all the night

or

Do you sometimes suffer from fright

Have you cried a tear that was not for show
Had a moment when you stubbed your toe

Was there ever a time when you did not lie
No, that would take effort - you would have to try

Your one of the mean ones
The takers - the spies
Stay away from me
You make me cry

db

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One can tell these are from the heart! Again thanks for sharing!

Kay Cooke said...

That's a great poem! I have just watched the 'Crash' dvd - somehow even tho' it's about prejudice and people being mean, it portrays some hope in the generosity of the human spirit - sometimes even to the surprise of the person themselves. Maybe an antidote to the sociopaths of this world?